Total Articles 170 till date. Search for 'WORKSHEETS' within blog

Monday, August 14, 2017

Phrases - Agreeing With People

Phrases - Agreeing With People


I'm with you on that one.
This Phrase is used mainly in informal situations and shows quite strong agreement.

I couldn't agree more.
This Phrase can be used in both formal and informal situations and shows very strong agreement.

Yes, absolutely.
This Phrase shows very strong agreement.

I'd go along with that.
You've got a point there.
These Phrases show that the speaker agrees a bit less strongly and can be used both formally and informally.

Hear, hear !
We often hear phrase in the parliament in debates between politicians. In other contexts it sounds quite formal and old fashioned.

I think so too.

I couldn't have put it better myself.
This Phrase shows total agreement with what the speaker has said and is also complimentary about the way it was said.

Great minds think alike.
This Phrase is an old saying and compliments the speaker as well as agreeing.

You took the words right out of my mouth.
This Phrase is suggesting that you were thinking of saying the same thing just before the other speaker said it first.