Total Articles 170 till date. Search for 'WORKSHEETS' within blog

Tuesday, August 8, 2017

Phrases for Expressing Habits

      Phrases for Expressing Habits


I spend a lot of time...
You'll always find me...
These phrases are followed by a gerund (-ing) Example: I spend a lot of time reading.

I (often) tend to...
This phrase is followed by the infinitives (- to + V1) Example: I Often tend to watch TV.

___ is a big part of my life.
This Phrase needs a noun or gerund in the blank space. Example: Dancing is a big part of my Life.
Or Books are a big part of my life.

I always make a point of...
Whenever I get the chance, I...
These phrases show that the speaker likes doing these things and tries to do them a lot.

I have a habit of..
This Phrase suggests that the speaker often does something but that it's not intentional. It may be a bad habit.

I can't (seem to) stop...
I'm always...
I can't help...

These Phrases are habits that the speaker thinks are bad but cannot stop.